Friday, March 19, 2010

2nd Review--When I Grow Up I Want to be a Firefighter


TOS Magazine's Schoolhouse Store sent us another e-book. This one is from the "Wanna Be Series" to review. They sent us When I Grow Up I Want to be a Firefighter this e-book is only $8.95.


One thing I liked about this e-book is that there is a lot of information and I don't have to go get a bunch of other books to read or search the Internet for reading material. I just had the boys sit and read a lot of the material off of the computer.


This e-book is designed as a multi-age unit study for children ages 4-10, adaptable for the whole family. My boys definitely enjoyed learning about what it's like to be a firefighter. It included information on what firefighters do, the history of fire fighting, equipment that is used by firefighters, etc. It also has coloring pages, handwriting pages (both printing & cursive), writing prompts, suggestions for math, directions for making a Styrofoam robotic arm, discover how God addresses fire with specific bible verses too.


This unit study I found was interesting, but I'd have to say that this might be more of a 3rd to 6th grade unit study. My kids are older so they did just fine with it. I think it would have been a little challenging for the younger ones.


I do recommend this book, especially if your kids are interested in firefighters.
There are other e-books in the series that look interesting and my boys are wanting to check them out also. I will probably be getting them an e-book called "When I grow up I want to be a Pilot."


The only other thing that I can see them doing a little differently is putting some video links and maybe organizing a daily plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home